PROJECT and FAIR INFORMATION to access the Exhibitor Manual, or the Fair Day Manual
PROJECT CREATION to access the Project Creation Manual
All required information about the Waterloo-Wellington Science and Engineering Fair (WWSEF) is provided on our regular website (www.wwsef.ca) and it is strongly recommended that students and teachers or parents assisting students become familiar with the procedures, rules and regulations of the fair. Much of this information is provided in a series of downloadable pdf documents and HTML versions.
On the WWSEF home page click on:
NB! Students should not begin any projects involving humans or other animals until they have approval of the WWSEF Ethics Officer email@example.com.
B School Access Code
All school contacts require an Access Code that is provided by the WWSEF Registrar. Schools who have participated in the WWSEF in the recent past will have had the Access Code sent to the school contact currently on file by November 10, 2017. If you are a new school or a new contact and have not been given the code for your school please send an email message to the WWSEF Registrar with your name, along with the name and address of your school.
WWSEF Registrar – Bill Proctor – firstname.lastname@example.org
C School Contact Information
1) Enter the WWSEF Home website (wwsef.ca).
2) Click on ENTRY REGISTRATION and then on CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
3) This will take you to the WWSEF Registration website. Click on Login/Registration and then on I am a teacher or science fair coordinator at a school.
4) Choose your school from the drop down list and enter your School Access Code.
5) Update your information as the WWSEF school contact for your school as required.
NB! Please include your home telephone number, as it is often necessary to contact school contacts after hours or during the March Break.
6) Click on SAVE.
D Invite Your Students
In order to register with the WWSEF your students must have their own Registration Numbers (one number per project). This number is generated automatically when you perform the Invite Participant operation. A form has been created to assist you with collecting the required data from each student (see below). You may wish to copy the form and distribute it to your students who will be attending the WWSEF, or collect the required information in some other manner.
NB! For a team project only ONE student is to be invited to participate. The students will share the Registration Number and should work collaboratively to complete the online registration.
Once you have the required data from the students, continue with the steps below.
The form, or a copy, should be returned to the student as it contains additional information for the student.
1. Enter the WWSEF Home website (wwsef.ca).
2. Click on ENTRY REGISTRATION and then on CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
3. This will take you to the WWSEF Registration website. Click on Login/Registration and then on I am a teacher or science fair coordinator at a school.
4. Choose your school from the drop down list and enter your School Access Code.
5. Click the Participant Registration Invitations link below your school contact information.
6. Enter the email address of the student and the other details into the appropriate fields and click the Invite Participant button. Only one student in a team project is to be “Invited”.
7. The system will send a message to the student’s email address along with the Registration Number.
E Ensure Students Follow Project and Registration Guidelines
Instruct your students to download and follow the Registration Procedures for Student Participants. The link for this is on the main page of the WWSEF Registration website.
The website opens for student registrations on Monday, January 8, 2018 and closes on Friday, March 09, 2018.
F Submit Registration Fees and Signature Sheets
One of the required online registration steps by the students is to download a Declaration / Signature page. The student(s) must sign in the appropriate space on this form as well as the parent or guardian of the student(s). This page is then submitted to you for signature as well.
All Declaration/Signature forms for students attending from your school are to be collected and submitted together along with the total registration fee of $15.00 per student.
Forms are to be mailed/delivered to the WWSEF Registrar at:
WWSEF c/o Bill Proctor
66 Village Road,
The Declaration/Signature forms and registration fees are to be received by the Registrar no later than Thursday, March 22, 2018.
The Science Fair Registration database is built around the concept that each participant has a unique working email address. If a student does not have an email address you may wish to encourage him or her to establish one through one of the free email services such as yahoo, hotmail or gmail. If security is an issue have the student use an alias such email@example.com. Alternatively, the student could ask a relative or friend for permission to use his or her email address just for the science fair. The registration number, as well as some emails of instructions, would then be sent to this address. In this case the student’s first and last name, separated by an underscore should be used as the login/email name (e.g., Joe_Cool) with the alternate email address going in the second email field.
NB! It is recommended that you enter your own email address in the second email field so that you will also have a record of the student registration numbers and messages sent (students should be informed that you are doing this).